Friday, February 13, 2009

CHD Awareness Week

I was blog jumping and I found a great CHD adult survivor blog Inspiring Hearts, there you can find lots of stories of CHD survivors and I find it a great resource for CHD parents. Everytime I read stories of these adult survivors and how they lived their childhood I feel that it affects how I raise Carter. He was born with TGA and I feel like he deserves to have a regular childhood and not be sheltered because of his heart defect. His cardiologist says he should be able to play sports and run around like every other kid and if he can then he will. I try to do everything I can to raise awareness of CHD and I hope he will do the same when he is old enough to share his story on his own. I hope that he will show off his scar to help people understand the number of babies born with heart defects and that they should support such a worthy cause. He will be a strong kid who will grow into a strong man and he will have an outward symbol of how he fought to survive and blew away the expectations of his healing time after his heart surgery. I know my kid is one tough cookie and will go on to inspire people and motivate those who hear his story.

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful that Carter is doing so great after his surgery. I'm off to check Inspiring Hearts Blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has already been an inspriration and will continue to be one in the future Im sure.

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently stumbled across the "Inspiring Hearts" blog as well, and am moved by the stories that have been posted.

    ReplyDelete