Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Spend wisely...

So we have had to try to cut back...way back...since I quit my job to stay home with Carter. I have it down to a science to spend about $120 for 2 weeks worth of food, and I have just started cutting coupons so that should go down even more. So we are faced with our tax return money coming and the list of things we "should" and "want to" do with it are endless. We are getting a good chunk of money back, but I worry it will go away quickly without many productive purchases being made.

Here are the ideas so far

  1. put money away to go to europe next year
  2. pay off debts
  3. fix up the house
  4. buy a treadmill
  5. stock up on groceries and paper goods
  6. pay off medical bills
  7. go on a cruise to the Carribbean
  8. buy a stylist chair for my home salon
  9. put some in savings

Technically we could do a little of all of the above, but I am trying to figure out the best balance, Ray wants to split it 50/50 and do what we want on each side, but I find that highly unfair because I am the "mom" and I will just end up blowing all my money on bills, groceries, and necessities while he is the one who wants to probably play a little and then spend some on the house. I think we should stick together and make a budget for the refund before we spend a dime or I fear we will blink and it will be gone and we will have no idea where the hell it went.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Sit down together and decide what the money will be used for. I know thats the one thing that Carey and I have to be really careful that we make sure we always discuss. Wish we were getting some money back, looks like we are gonna have to pay about 600. I guess it could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely stick together and make a decision that you both are happy with. You guys are lucky that you're getting a refund. Spend/save wisely. BTW... found you from April's Deltakids blog.

    ReplyDelete